Join us on sample date
Whether a child needs care for sudden injuries or chronic illness, surgery, primary care, or mental health care, CHKD provides the top-notch staff, facilities, and technologies to successfully address the unique demands of childhood.
- CHKD is the only freestanding children’s hospital in Virginia and serves the medical and surgical needs of children throughout greater Hampton Roads, the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and northeastern North Carolina. The not-for-profit CHKD Health System operates primary care pediatric practices, surgical practices, multi-service health centers, urgent care centers and satellite offices throughout its service region.
- CHKD is home to the region’s largest and most sophisticated neonatal and pediatric intensive care units, where young lives depend upon our rigorous, shared commitment to excellence.
- We provide more than 30 specialty programs that offer highly specialized care to children with conditions like cancer, diabetes, developmental disabilities, heart defects, digestive disorders, and more.
- CHKD’s surgery program has been recognized as a Level 1 Children's Surgery Center by by the American College of Surgeons. We are also the premiere international center for the treatment of chest wall abnormalities.
- Children in our region benefit from CHKD's extensive network of more than 300 pediatricians, surgeons, and specialists in more than 40 locations from Williamsburg to Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
- CHKD’s efforts to become a Level I pediatric trauma center highlight the expert care offered by our pediatric specialists, surgeons, and support staff and how effectively we are able to mobilize our forces and collaborate with others to meet an identified need in our community.
- CHKD is addressing the mental health crisis affecting our children by expanding mental health services and investing in a 14-story pediatric mental health hospital and outpatient center, currently under construction on our Norfolk medical campus.
Philanthropy is the lifeblood of CHKD, providing essential services, programs, equipment, and technology that might otherwise not be available. Throughout the years, CHKD has relied upon this support from a generous community that is strongly committed to the health of its children.
For more information on CHKD, visit our website.